March 10, 2014
Make Beliefs Comix is one of my favourite web tool for creating comics to use for educational purposes. I have also featured it in my recent post on the best web tools for creating educational comic strips. What I like the most about this web tool is that it does not require any sign up or registration so you don't have to worry about your students sharing or using their emails.
Now with the free Make Beliefs Comix iPad app, students can easily make comics on the go and share them via email or store them in the camera roll.
To create your comic tales, you can select from 37 human and animal characters, each showing 4 different emotions for a total of 148 character choices – there's even a werewolf, vampire and poodle girl to stir things up. Then, put words in the mouths and thoughts in the heads of these fun characters as you fill in their talk and thought balloons. (Write in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Latin or Portuguese.) To enhance your stories, you also can choose which of the dozens of objects and scenes to add to the template panels where you place your characters.
You can work in two-, three-, and four-panel formats to create your comic stories, color in the backgrounds for extra impact, and scale the size of the characters to fit your storytelling needs.
Some features of Make Beliefs Comix include :
- 37 characters to select from, each with 4 different poses / emotions / gestures
- 60+ objects and backgrounds to add to your comic strip (beach scenes, dog, cat, mermaid, cell phone, etc.)
- A variety of background colors you can add to enhance your comic strip
- Select 2-, 3- or 4-panel storyboards
- Easy email link to send your comic strip to a friend, or save completed comics to your iPad camera roll for sharing on any social network or blog.