Today marks the official release of Facebook's newest app Paper into the app store. This app is initially available only in the United States and a later international version is to be released later on.
Paper allows users to share stories from friends and the world in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics in horizontal cards that you can flip through with a side-ways swipe. Think of it like Flipboard or Digg.
Here is a list of some of the major features of Paper
- · Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
- · Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
- · Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
- · Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
- · Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
- · Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
- · Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.