Today while I was going through my Twitter feeds I came across this wonderful infographic created by exit ticket. The visual features six of the most celebrated pedagogues who have left some remarkable imprints on the literature and science of education and pedagogy. Each one of theses thinkers contributed with a theory that transformed the way teaching has been done over decades.
- Lev Vygotsky is a behaviourist theorist and was behind the popular carrot-and-stick concept in education.
- Jean Piaget is much reputed for his theory of children's cognitive development which posits that the cognitive abilities of kids grow gradually passing from one stage to the other.
- Brumer's insights have tremendously helped the subsequent education theorists in understanding the perceptive abilities of learners and its correlation with the learning motivation.
- Bloom is best know for "Bloom's Taxonomy" which he developed together with other educators to provide teachers with a thinking continuum to help them define how well a skill or competency is learned or mastered.
- Gardner's ground breaking theory of multiple intelligences has shed more light on the different mental dispositions students possess and the relation of these dispositions with learning styles.
- Erikson's theory of psychosocial development serves as the roadmap for a better understanding of the social growth of individuals.