January 29, 2014
There are times when taking a note in a written format is not a practical option. You might for instance be attending a lecture or a conference or you might simply prefer to listen to your recorded notes instead of reading them, in these cases apps such as the ones below are what you will use for audio note taking. While keeping the basic note taking features, all of these apps are fantastic for recording notes and adding audio to your notes. I invite you to check out the selection I have below and share with us what you thin about it.
1- Audio Note
Besides being a basic note taking app. Audio Note also allows you to accompany your notes with sound recordings at the same time and even keep them synchronized note by note. Some of the features offered by this app include :
- Synchronized note and audio recording
- Seek directly to audio by tapping notes
- Highlighted notes during playback
- Insert text, drawing, photo, & highlighter notes
- Audio amplifier for recordings made in larger conference rooms
- Import and take notes directly on PDF documents (iPad only)
- Share with iCloud, Dropbox, over WiFi, or through iTunes
- Desktop support: view your .audionote files on Mac or PC
- (see our website for more info)
With Super Note Record you will be able to jot down your typed notes as well as record voice and capture pictures to add to your notes. All the notes are colour coded to distinguished individual notes from each other. This app also lets you set future alert reminders for your notes.
3- Sound Note
SoundNote is another great app that allows you to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just tap a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
Evernote is one of the most popular apps for note taking. It comes in two versions: one is free and the other is pro and both version allow for recording audio notes that you can sync with your Evernote accounts across all of your devices.
5- Instant Audio Recorder
Record high quality audio fragments with this intuitive audio recorder. Main features:
- (1) Share audio-fragments directly on Twitter, Facebook, through SMS or Mail
- (2) Keeps recording when you switch to another app
- (3) Auto-start recording when app is opened (can be disabled)
- (4) Pause and resume recording
- (5) Upload audio fragments directly to you Dropbox account
- (6) Extended playback options (pause, rewind, fast forward, etc, etc).
- (7) Rename your recorded audio fragments
- (8) Choose between low, medium or high quality recordings
- (9) Airplay support + volume control in the built-in player
- (10) Loop playback