Facebook Safety team has recently published a very interesting guide entitled " Facebook for Educators and Community Leaders" which is basically a 15-pages PDF document to help inform educators about the educational use of Facebook and also help adults be supportive partners so that teens make safe, smart and responsible choices throughout the online world.
The Facebook for Educators and Community Leaders Guide provides resources to help you do that. The guide includes a focus on:
- Digital Hygiene and Digital Citizenship – The guide features expert resources from the Family Online Safety Institute’s Platform for Good initiative as well as resources from WiredSafety on how to engender digital citizenship and literacy among teens.
- Mobile – ConnectSafely.org provides guidance on the impact of mobile technology on safety, so that adults can consider the best ways to guide teens.
- Developing Guidelines – Many organizations are developing social media policies. Edutopia – The George Lucas Educational Foundation -- have provided guidance on how to develop these policies and guidelines, for the classroom and for community organizations.
1. Teens & social media—the basic principles 1
2. The Facebook community standards 2
3. Reporting abuse on Facebook 3
4. Bullying intervention & prevention 4
5. Privacy & controlling your information 5
6. Facebook Groups 6
7. Developing social media guidelines 7-8
8. Promoting digital citizenship 9
9. Promoting digital hygiene 10
10. Mobile 11
11. Resources 12