I have recently started a series of posts here in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning featuring a set of interesting resources and tips for teachers to start a successful techy new school year. If you want to have a look at what we have already posted, check out this resource section.
1. Use a strong password (a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols and
2. Don’t believe everything you read – make sure you know it’s coming from a reliable source.
3. Don’t give out any private information over the internet or through mobile phones
about you, your family, friends or other people that you know.
4. Think before you send! You have to think about what you are saying and how the
recipient/s may feel.
5. Don’t hide behind a computer screen, if you wouldn’t say it to their face, don’t say
it at all!
6. Don’t post inappropriate or illegal content anywhere on the internet.
7. Make sure your social networking profile is set to private (check your security settings).
8. Only accept friend requests from people you actually know – even if it is a friend of a friend it’s not a good idea to add them unless you actually know them.
9. Tell your friends to ask for your permission before uploading and/or tagging a photo of you on their social networking profiles.
10. Don’t click on any links that are embedded in emails - type the URL into the browser and go from there.