However, today I am sharing with you a great video by Kathy Shrock on Infographics as creative assessments.
Here are some of the important ideas included in the video :
Why Infographics ?
- To communicate a message
- Present large amounts of data meaningfully
- Reveal hidden data for the viewe
What types can students create ?
- Statistical infographics
- Timeline infographics
- Informational Infographics
- Process Information
- Gameboard metaphor
- Personal preference
What are the steps ?
- Select a layer-based image
- Have students investigate types of visuals
- Conduct research
- Have students create a rough draft
- Teach students about creative commons
- Have students gather and create assets
- Teach students about the use of color
- Teach students about the use of fonts
- Teach students about layouts
- Teach students an organizational model