The Research Tool Google has added to Docs and Presentations will enable users to conduct searches about information, images, maps, quotes..ect and without having to leave the page. It is as simple as pulling down the Tools menu and clicking on Research to get started searching the web right from the search pane that opens up on your right hand side.
Here are some of the pluses of Research Tool for us in education
- Instant search for information and other materials to add to your docs and presentations
- Searching for a location automatically brings up Google Maps which you can then insert into your docs
- Photos now can be filtered so that you use only those with no copyright infringement
- Hovering over a link will provide you with a preview of the website before using its link
- You can also insert a citation or quote automatically into your docs
- You can also use this tool to search for plagiarized text, just copy the text you want to check and click on search and it will lead you to the page where the text has originally appeared.
Watch this video to learn how you can use research tool in Google Docs