Diigo is a great social bookmarking website that everyone of you should consider using.It is an important element of the Educational Social Networking I have been writing about. Diigo is free to use and has several features that make it stand out from the crowd. I personally used it almost everyday and therefore I do recommend it for my fellow teachers and educator.
Diigo has a little nifty bookmaklet that you can install on your browser ( for me I use Diigo Chrome extension) and that allows you to curate and clip web content, add text and comments to it and share it on your Diigo account or groups.
Educationally speaking, Diigo has a great potential for teachers and educators. Here are some reasons why :
- It is easy to use and has a user friendly interface
- It lets you join and create new Personal Learning Network ( PLNs )
- It helps in professional development
- It allows you to connect with other like minded educators and teachers and expand your professional network
- It is a great resource of teaching and learning links and materials
- You can collaborate and share your own contributions with others
- It lest you discover new and inspirational ways educators are using technology in their teaching
- Have a free access to technology tips and web tools to use in your classroom
- It broadens your learning and teaching experience and boost up your confidence.
Convinced to use it now ? Here is a list of some of the best Diigo groups where you can meet other teachers and educators from all around the world and develop your personal learning networks.
This is where educators share bookmarks and best practices. They share web resources and links to interesting educational materials.
2- Literacy with ICT
This is a group of educators working to enhance student engagement and learning via the infusion of technology across the curricula.
3- Ed Tech Talk
This is the platform where educators meet to share educational technology resources.
4- Classroom 2.0
This isa place for members of the www.classroom20.com to share links and resources.
5- Discovery Educator Network
This group is for educators to aggregate content from Discovery Educator Network events, institutes, conference presentations, webinars, blogs, and workshops.
6- Cool Tools and Ed Tech
This is a group for cool tools on the web as well as useful resources in education and technology.
Do you know of any other Diigo groups that are of relevant interest ? Please share with use below.