Bit.ly is a great utility that allows its users to shorten long URLs and then share them with others . In education , tools such as Bit.ly , Sendoid , and Short Text are really very helpful and i think we must be aware of them and use them with our students . They can ease your online work and save us so much time . If you want to learn about the previous tools i mentioned here you can check these posts :
Some features of Bit.lyHere are the main features that Bit.ly offers to its users :
- It is free
- It requires a sign up , you can use your Twitter account to access it .
- It allows you to shorten many links and bundle them together in one package to share using a single link.
- It offers a handy extension that you can use in your browser
- It allows you to track your links and see which one has been clicked on
- You can search your link history with Bit.ly search engine
- You can use the recover feature to restore any BIT.LY LINKS YOU HAVE DELETED
- You can share your links with whomever you like
How can i get started using Bit.ly ?Here is how Bit.ly works :
- Head over to Bit.ly main page
- sign in with your Twitter account OR facebook ONE
- Paste the URL into the shorten box
- Click on Shorten button
That’s it about Bit.ly : Shorten and Share Long URLs .
You might also like :
- Kiwik Surveys : Create and track your surveys
- Join.me ; share your screen with students
- toonti; build a powerful social community
- open study; easily create and join online study gr...
- Visualize.us : Bookmark,Store, and Share Pictures ...
- endspace : a free file sharing service
- ifile.it a free online storage service
- Wiggio : The educative way to communicate and work...
- Weblist : teachers’ dynamic content sharing site