Corkboard is a cool web2.0 tool for educators . It allows you to create corkboards to help you organize your postings . For instance you can create ‘Books I Read’ Corkboard and put all of your books related postings in there . It is very handy and practical and above all it is free to use . It looks like Wallwisher and Dropbox but simpler than them all .
Some features of CorkboardHere is a list of all the features that Corkboard offers to its users :
- It is free
- It is very easy to use
- It has an intuitive interface
- It allows you to create and organize your corkboards very easily
- You can invite your facebook or corkboard contacts to view or edit your postings
- You can add comments to your corkboards
- You can also attach image to your corkboard
- You can build your community of people sharing the same interests
- You can also share what you post on your facebook wall
- You can subscribe to corkboards that interest you
- You can check postings of other users
- You can message your friends and send them postings
- It has a mobile version for mobile device users
How can i get started using Corkboard ?Head over to Corkboard main page
- Sign in for a free account or use your facebook account to open one
- Click on Add a Corkboard to create your corkboard file
- Give it a name
- Attach an image to it
- Click on add postings
- Choose the kind of posting you want to make :
Fill in the title, description , URL, and attach a photo
Choose you privacy settings
Click on create postings
Applications of Corkboard in educationCorkboard is a great tool for educators . Teachers can use it to create their own corkboards and share it with their students . They can for example create a classroom corkboard where to include all the links , lesson plans , events , images of relevant interest to students and then invite them to view it . Students too can use it to collaborate with each other on specific corkboards or join other students from around the world and start interacting with them .
That’s it about Corkboard : Discover and Share Anything Online.
You might also like :
- Thinklinkr : a Handy Tool to Create and Share Outlines
- Mind42 :a good Collaborative mind mapping tool
- Gliffy : a great diagram software for educators
- Creately : Nice and Free Diagrams in no time
- Bubbl.us : a great Mindmapping and brainstorming tool for te...
- Answergarden : students’ brainstorming tool
- Wordle in Education.
- Popplet : The educative presentation ,mind mapping...