VoiceThread is a digital media discussion service . It allows you to create engaging interactive slideshows using different types of media .
A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.Voice Thread has just launched a new accessibility option called VoiceThread Universal. This option is designed for compatibility with screen readers and via deleting extraneous visual and text elements and focus on offering precise information.
Some features of VoicethreadHere are some of the most important features that Voice Thread offers to its users ;
- It is free
- It requires a registration
- it lets you use documents, videos, pictures and presentations
- You can record your audio or video and attach it to your slide
- You can even draw right on the slide to circle or highlight different areas of interest.
- you can add up to fifty identities to each account
- VoiceThreads can even be embedded to show and receive comments on other websites and exported to MP3 players or DVDs to play as archival movies.
How can I get started using Voice Thread ?Go over to Voice Thread main page and register for a free account
Watch this tutorial video to learn how to use Voice Thread
Applications of Voice Thread in EducationTo show you how to use Voice Thread in education , I have embedded this short video to walk you through the different uses of Voice Thread in the classroom.
Voice Thread ; Video and Audio Multimedia Slideshows
Here are all the educative web2.0 tools i have covered so far in this blog .I have organized them into different categories , select the category you want and explore the tools
- Best of The Rest