Can students with disabilities use technology in their learning ? the answer is definitely yes . they have the same right as the other students to use and enjoy this technological boom in their learning . Google Accessibility has made it down to earth easy and possible for the impaired students and those with blindness, visual impairment, color deficiency, deafness or hearing loss, and limited dexterity to use its products and benefit from the features Google Lab Store provides for education . Normal students can also use these tools .
As part of Google’s mission to make the world’s information universally accessible and useful, we’re committed to making accessibility a reality for all of our users, including those with disabilities.
Some features of Google AccessibilityHere is a list of the features and services that Google Accessibility offers to :
1 - blind and low-vision users
- Applications for Android Phones
- Chrome Browser extentions and functionality
- Gmail app
- Google Calnder
- Google Docs
- Google Ebooks
- Google maps
- Google Search
- Google Voice
2 -Information for deaf and hard of hearing users
- Android Phones
- Google Sms Applications
- Google Translate Converstaion Mode
- Gmail Video Chat
- Google Voice
and explore all the tools i have talked about .
That’s it about Google Accessibility : Free Technology For the impaired students.
You might also like :
- Google for educators interactive map : great resources at yo...
- Google Alerts Educative Secrets
- Igoogle in the classroom
- Google Buzz in Education
- Google Bookmarks in Education
- Google Documents in Education
- RSS FEED in education
- Google Reader in Education
- what every educator should know about google
- Google Shared Spaces in education