Edutube is mainly an educational video search platform which was launched in April 2008 . The aim behind the creation of this website is “ to organize the best free online educational videos , and make them easy for you to find , watch and download “. Edutube is more or less similar to SchoolTube .
Some features of EdutubeEdutube has some very interesting features that might help you in your professional development in general . Among these features I can site :
- It is free, simple to use and easy to navigate
- It hosts the best educative videos based on criteria such as rank , popularity and educational value
- Videos are searchable according to education- relevant search criteria
- Edutube is community-based and anyone can contribute and share
- It has a unique system for organizing and tagging videos
- Edutube allows you to start your own group on a particular theme and edit your own submissions.
- You can download your videos and watch them offline
How can I get started using Edutube ?First go to Edutube main page and if you want to be able to upload your videos to edutube and create your own group then you need to sign up . If you just want to look for videos to download you don’t need to register .
To find a specific video you need to :
- Use the search box at the top left corner of the Edutube website
- Use the sitemap in the top menu to find videos based on category , duration , language…..etc
- Use the advanced search options to narrow down your search and specify your criteria. To do so , click on “ search options” .